Alfie & me : what owls know, what humans believe.
- ISBN: 9781324065463
- ISBN: 132406546X
- Physical Description: 352 pages ; 23 cm
- Publisher: [Place of publication not identified] : W W Norton, 2023.
A moving account of raising, then freeing, an orphaned screech owl, whose lasting friendship with the author illuminates humanity's relationship with the world. When ecologist Carl Safina and his wife, Patricia, took in a near-death baby owl, they expected that, like other wild orphans they'd rescued, she'd be a temporary presence. But Alfie's feathers were not growing correctly, requiring prolonged care. As Alfie grew and gained strength, she became a part of the family, joining a menagerie of dogs and chickens and making a home for herself in the backyard. Carl and Patricia began to realize that the healing was mutual; Alfie had been braided into their world, and was now pulling them into hers.
Search for related items by subject
- 11 of 19 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Douglas Library - North Canaan.
- 2 current holds with 19 total copies.