Past lying / Val McDermid.
- ISBN: 9780802161499
- ISBN: 0802161499
- Physical Description: 452 pages : 24 cm.
- Edition: First Grove Atlantic hardcover edition.
- Publisher: New York : Atlantic Monthly Press, 2023.
"It's April 2020 and Edinburgh is in lockdown. It would seem like a strange time for a cold case to go hot-the streets all but empty, an hour's outdoor exercise the maximum allowed-but a mere pandemic doesn't mean crime takes a holiday. When a source at the National Library contacts DCI Karen Pirie's team about documents in the archive of a recently deceased crime novelist, it seems it's game on again. At the center of it, a novel: two crime novelists facing off over a chessboard. But it quickly emerges that their real-life competition is drawing blood. What unspools is a twisted game of betrayal and revenge, and as Karen and her team attempt to disentangle fact from fiction, it becomes clear that this case is more complicated than they ever imagined."-- Provided by publisher.
Search for related items by subject
|Genre:||Detective and mystery fiction.
Detective and mystery fiction.
Search for related items by series
- 11 of 37 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Douglas Library - North Canaan.
- 9 current holds with 37 total copies.